How to capture quality video

jauzi

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Hello everybody!

I am a newby in camera bussines so a more newby question. I got an old dcr-trv740e sony cam from my wife's father to make some video of our newborn daughter. I am thinking about a new HD camera, but I would like to try it out first to see how it is - I am more of a photo kind of guy.

My problem. I loaded all the drivers and tried to capture video from the camera via USB with the windows movie maker. All great but altought I gave the highest quality video in optiond it still came out, when viewed with bs players al grainy and not as nice as if I plug the camera on my hd tv. So I was thinking what if I use some better video software. I got myself pinnacle studio 14 and hoped to use some better options, but when I try to import the video, the Studio doesn't find my camera :((
What is there to do.

DO you suggest some other software?

Any other way to get really quality video - like when I plug the camera directly into my TV?

Have fun and thanks for the answers.

WillDockery

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
I'm very interested in knowing the answers on this, myself. I'm currently in the middle of trying to get good digital copies of VHS material from 1996... before all of it crumbles to dust!

--
"Red Lipped Stranger & other stories" by Will Dockery:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery

tanmaysnv

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Commercial DVDs also use MPEG-2, but not all MPEG-2 encoders are created equal! If you're doing the conversion while you're capturing it's a near certainty that you're using a bad one. If you get an app like the Ulead one mentioned above, or Sony's Vegas Movie Studio, they'll include a good quality encoder that will produce very use able output with little or no effort on your part.

WillDockery

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009

Thank you, believe it or not, I still haven't really solved the problem I was having the many months ago when I wrote this... in fact had just put the project on a back burner "To Do" status. Need to get back to that, though...

--
Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars - God´s Toybox - A movie by Falke58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EabjmMP9mQk