Sennheiser HD 202 trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulcrum888

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
Hey guys, you might see that I'm new to this forum. So, any bulding commentary would be welcome.

My problem is a somehow stupid one. I have a Sennheiser HD 202 Headphone set, but recently one of the two earpieces (the left one) suddenly didn't transmit any sound.

I plugged the jack into my brothers Nintendo DS to see if it was a problem in the PC itself, I tried that and nothing helped.
But when I turn 'n twist the part where the cable goes into the earpiece, it sometimes works.

Don't know if this can be fixed but do you know what may be causing the problem and how you can fix this.

You must know that I'm quite young and that my parents are very strict on how I treat my material, altough I never treated it very harsh or something.

Thanks in advance,

Fulcrum

This is a common weak spot in many headphones and does not require abuse to happen. The wire tends to break at the point were it enters the earpiece. If you can open the earpiece you can repair the wiring although you may need add some wire and to resolder a connection.
Maybe your Dad can take care of it. Since these headphones are not expensive it isn't worth paying someone to repair them.

Fulcrum888

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008

Well, there you have it.

It sounds childish but I take it very heavily when something breaks, I already got rid of the Headphones, but I know you're right. I should go to my father and let him repair it next time ;)

Thanks, mate.

Jaydn Harding

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013

There's a two year warranty on these devices.... If you still had the receipt you coulda got it sorted for free :/

Status
Not open for further replies.