Alternative to per TV Comcast box?

jhamilton55

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Comcast is telling us that we need to have a box for each tv to receive digital broadcasts on stations above the basic-basic cable stations after around May 15 '09. Is there an alternative to this? Is there a 'whole house' solution or a tv based solution where we don't have to have an extra bump sitting on every tv?

G

In addition to having a box on every TV - just think how Comcast is helping the power company with yet another thing plugged into the wall. I thought we were suppose to be trying to be more green and conserving energy??? Comcast is doing the exact opposite. I wonder what their response to that is.

Shut it

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
In addition to having a box on every TV - just think how Comcast is helping the power company with yet another thing plugged into the wall. I thought we were suppose to be trying to be more green and conserving energy??? Comcast is doing the exact opposite. I wonder what their response to that is.

oh please

Stuff that self-rightious hippie crap up your Eco hole. If you don't have any helpful info to offer, don't respond. Take your Eco preaching to some other web based forum that sucks up electricity with it's servers and millions of people accessing it from their plugged in home based computers.