Canon 20D drivers for windows 7

vickyk

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2009

what is communication ptp is that on my camera or my computer i never had to do this ,so i don't know what that is

G

Thanks for the tip!!! worked for me too

QuentinZ

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Setting the communication protocol to PTP is fine for simply downloading pictures from the camera to the computer. However I need for my application to use the remote capture to take pictures from the computer. I use the camera for some data acquisition and I need the computer to be able to control the camera.

Does anyone know how I could get this to work with windows 7? My IT manager decided to upgrade all machines to win 7 and doesn't want me to get a machine working with XP or earlier.

TheViper

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
PTP means Picture Transfer Protocol. Technically it is a means for the camera and a printer or mass storage device to directly communicate together without a computer USB host.

Most modern operating systems will allow picture transfer to the computer under the "normal" setting but some (XP and OSX mostly) don't work quite right but work well when the camera is set to PTP instead.

G

Have no idea what you mean. Just where do you go to change communications to PTP???
fordsedge@gmail.com

lourendo

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
i would just install eos utility. that way you can shoot tethered. meaning you can control and operate the camera while connected to usb. it is convenient for studio work. you can also use the camera normally and preview shots instantly on a real monitor with adobe bridge or preview or whatever. very useful on shots that are important.