RCA RTD-215 Input

todd5854

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Hello, I have a RCA RTD-215 Receiver, it's a piece of junk, I know, but I got it at Walmart for $70 and its a 5.1 receiver. It has a built in DVD Player, component outputs (Pr, Pb, Y), Composite, 5.1 outs for speakers, and a stereo input.

My question is, is there ANY way to hack some kind of 5.1 input on the receiver so I can use this on my computer, to get 5.1? As I said above the only kind of input it has is a stereo line-in on the back.

Maybe an optical, or coaxial would be nice. But analog audio is seriously fine with me, considering it'd be a hackjob.

G

actually u dont have 2 hack they make a cable that goes from the red and white audio cables in2 a headphone jack plug-in. you can find the cable @ radioshack 4 about 10-20 bucks and its worth it i use it all the time 4 my computer

vanekl

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2009
Dolby Digital and DTS are synthetic 5.1 channel sound (there is not 5-channels worth of sound sent to the receiver). Most of the time, a/v receivers will take a 2-channel signal and synthesize 5 channel sound. If your receiver can make the transformation of the input signal it should read so on its front display. Typically a 2-channel signal is sent via spdif or hdmi audio. The signal bandwidth is certainly much greater this way than when using an analog signal, and I can't say whether you will get the full signal the way fsnickflip suggests, but it would only take a minute to test, assuming you haven't already.

todd5854

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Yeah it has Dolby Pro Logic II via the auxiliary input, which makes synthetic 5.1. I wanted to see if I could get true 5.1, via some sort of hack job. Its the best 5.1 sound system I have right now, my X-530's are showing their age..If it just can't be done I'll just upgrade when the money comes around