Solved! New to DSLR scene in the market to spend about AU$1000

delusional

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
any suggestions are welcome please post links and specs so i can view them... minor budget increase are welcome and encouraged

thank you.

D

Solution

I can't help with budget suggestions, but a good site fore reviews is dpreview.com . They show you every feature the available on the camera.

One other manufacturer I would consider is Sony. Their Alpha dslr cameras are impressive IMO. One last bit of advice that I have seen on photography forums, if you can, go to a store and test the cameras you are interested in and choose the one that has the features you like and feels the most comfortable in your hands.

Hope this helps some.

eugenenam85

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
hello

i'm also new and have been searching for a new dslr for a beginner.
http://reviews.cnet.com/best-prosumer-dslr-cameras/?tag=rb_content;contentNav
i'm not sure exactly how much the exchange rate is but I have been looking at the Canon Rebel T1i ( i think it's called Eos 500d elsewhere) and the nikon d5000.
Out of all the reviews I've read, these two got the best reviews for beginners.
Also, it's around 800 with the lens in the states, so money to buy memory card, equipment etc.)

IMO Aside from picture quality because they are similar and unnoticeable for an amateur like me. Because of the LCD screen and video capabilities, I'm leaning towards the Canon.

delusional

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
he he due to your suggestion i came across this offer...

NIKON D5000 Digital SLR Camera KIT 18-55mm (FREE SHIPPING & NO CC Surcharge) AU$1,219.00 AU$909.00
(FREE SHIPPING anywhere in Australia)

What's in the box?

Nikon D5000 Body + 18-55mm Kit
Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL9a
Quick Charger MH-23
Eyepiece Cap DK-5(may differ by country or area)
Rubber Eyecup DK-21
USB Cable UC-E4
Audio Video Cable EG-D2
Camera Strap AN-DC2
Accessory Shoe Cover BS-1
Body Cap
Software Suite CD-ROM
Warranty :

12 Month Warranty
Extended Warranty and How It Works :

FREE ON-SITE SERVICE
We will come to your home or office throughout Australia and New Zealand.
FREE ON-SITE COURIER PICK UP AND DELIVERY
If On-Site Service is not available.
Nation Wide Coverage
Parts and Labour Fully Covered
Unlimited number of breakdowns
No Fuss Free Call claims number (0800 for NZ)
PEACE OF MIND

sounds like a good deal but will continue to read up some review and suggestions on this camera before i make a final decision i guess =]

thank you for the opinion!

CBaca

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009

I can't help with budget suggestions, but a good site fore reviews is dpreview.com . They show you every feature the available on the camera.

One other manufacturer I would consider is Sony. Their Alpha dslr cameras are impressive IMO. One last bit of advice that I have seen on photography forums, if you can, go to a store and test the cameras you are interested in and choose the one that has the features you like and feels the most comfortable in your hands.

Hope this helps some.

Solution