Computer/hdtv fro sound

jgrantham

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2009
i have a problem with getting sound on my hdtv from my computer. when i switch it back totv the sound is ok. i know it's a simple fix because someone showed me how to do it before about a year ago, but i moved my computer to another room and i can't figure out how i did it. help someone who has their computer hooked to their hdtv.

fazers_on_stun

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2006

What kind of video connection between the TV and PC are you using? Some TVs have an RGB input and stereo input for use with a PC, others have specific HDMI inputs with associated audio inputs (like my Pioneer plasma - HDMI inputs 4 & 5 have a separate mini-plug input for stereo audio). In any event, unless your PC has an HDMI output with audio, you'll have to run a separate audio line from the PC audio output to the TV, since DVI (digital) and RGB don't usually carry audio signals.

DiscoDuck

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
it might need stereo minijack from sound card to same on tv or might need stereo minijack cable from soundcard to rca phono jack red/white. I t might also have a digital input like optical or coax rca type rf input. Like above, it might all work via hdmi if in the right hdmi spot on the tv.

TRENDING THREADS