Write Protected/Memory Card

cpsdriver00

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Hi,
Im trying to copy pictures from my computer on to my memory card. The card is brand new. A message comes up and says "Cannot delete the file. The disk is write protected. Remove the write protection or use another disk." << That's what it says when I try to delete the ones I already have on my memory card. I'm so confused I am clueless as to what to do. Please help if you can. I basically want to pull the memory card up on my computer and delete whats on there OR add new ones and I get the same message. If I put the card in my digital camera and delete individually, it works. Also, I tried to put a picture on the small disk thats in my cell phone and it says thats write protected as well. Thank you for any advice.

Eriskang99

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Hi!My computer is running Windows XP SP2. My SD card also always says it is write protected but I tried something that worked even though it does not really solve the problem.You try to cut and paste the files in the desktop, it worked for mine.

CBaca

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009

If you are using an SD card there should be a slider, on the long edge, that is used for write protection. Check if it is in the locked position. If it is, slide it the opposite direction to unlock the card, then you should be able to copy and delete.

G

G

Hi Ya can you pls advise what exactly the slider means means as i am not able to find anything.I require some clarification on the following "If you are using an SD card there should be a slider, on the long edge, that is used for write protection. Check if it is in the locked position. If it is, slide it the opposite direction to unlock the card, then you should be able to copy and delete.

"