how many mp3 players do you own?

gta_bmx

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008
I am up to 4 now. My first was a Dell DJ Ditty 512MB player that my wife gave me 4 years ago. Still works great. Then I bought a second DJ Ditty off of ebay for $10. Then I bought a first gen iPod Shuffle 512mb off ebay for $15. My latest is a 4 gig 3rd gen iPod Nano.

The Dell DJ Ditty's have displays, so it's easy to find particular podcasts and songs, but the Shuffle is just really cool, simple, and fun to use. If I'm only going to be listening to a few hours of podcasts, like on my commute, I usually just use the trusty Shuffle. Windows Weekly, Security Now, The Tech Guy, etc.. Ah, podcast goodness.

If I am going to be listening to a lot of music and podcasts, I will then take the Nano. The first gen Shuffle is still my fave though.

gigman

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2007
Good topic. I own two. The first one I bought about 3 years ago is a Sandisk sansa m230 512mb which still works great. I also have a Sansa e280 8gb which I will soon be upgrading to a sansa fuze 8gb. No ipods for me. Not worth the crazy price tag if your 13 with no job.

One.

My iRiver HP140 from 2003. Still works.

I'll be buying the the Cowon D2 16gb soon though. But I gotta give my credit card and checking account a rest though, been on a shopping spree the past couple of months.

strangestranger

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
jammy git, i remember recently searching for a player and loved the look of those irivers, had everything i wanted and then i found that they weren't sold anymore, hell, the seem to have went backwards with features since then.

gta_bmx

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008

I've never started a fight in my life. I certainly wouldn't start a fight just because of someone's beliefs or something they say. You are referring to that thread about how people act differently online as compared to in person. My point was that in real life, people are more civil, because there'd be a lot of fights if people talked to each other in person how they do on the internet.