It Won't Die!

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
I've had my 1st Gen Ipod since August of 2006, so it's coming up on three years now. Last year before them warranty was about to run out I figured why not
send it to Apple and see if the battery length qualified for a replacement. Why not I sent it the week I was away at camp anyway. So it got returned and Apple
said it's battery was just fine. I was dissapointed, but hey it lasts. To date the battery is still great and it has a 1mm crack in the screen, alot of scratches, and
dents and dings, but it still works. But the reason I made this post was because of what happened to it last night. I got home and threw my shorts in the wash.
I found my Ipod in the pocket this morning (went through the washer and the dryer aswell.) It wouldn't turn on, but as soon as I synced it with my computer it
worked. They are completely impossible to damage with common use, I just don't see a way it will fail for a while. Gotta love good old quality.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008

Meaning what? Meaning that my dad has had 2 Ipods, one he gave to my mom, the other for himself and never had problems? He's had two Imacs and never re-installed the operating system, and never had to recover it either. As for me with my pc, I've installed XP over 20 times, and Vista more than 5. Installed Vista this week, and then went back to XP today. Everytime I've gone to Vista I've thought "Maybe it's better now" but it's as unstable as ever. Your post isn't specific and doesn't point at anything it's really a common misconception/blind hatred twords Apple.

strangestranger

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
yes, but if you had intelligence you would realise that you are one person and as such, your experiences offer no proof of anything, that if you look at alot of people's experiences you will find that there ipod's have broken(as all products do), some people have went through multiple ones, including my brother who's first one locked up during an update which meant i had to fix it by formatting. also, strange that you too it as an attack on apple and not just on the ipod's, well it would be if it wasn't an apple product involved.

also, windows for the most part is not as unstable as people say, the majority of cases that you hear about is the users fault, take a hint.