Samsung LN46A650 antenna/cable problem

ketrab

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2008
Is there a possible way to work both things together. The thing is that this TV has only one antenna "out" I also have a basic cable that gives me all the major channels not it hd though. I wish to watch some channels of the air in hd when there is nothing on the cable.

My question is: is there anything that could combine two system togethers, like a antenna splitter or something??

Thanks

For your reference

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8753645&st=samsung+46&type=product&id=1202649765246

srgalhad

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
I'm dealing with the same issue you are. I have a cable converter box I purchased, I pay for the internet and then get the local cable (HD is in there) for free, just not the premium channels. The box only has one input so it's either getting the 6 Air channels or the 25 cable channels. It would be nice to combine them and get 36. I have a splitter where I can tap into the cable and tried to reverse it to combin the antenna and cable. It only worked with what ever divice I had on the in and didn't accept the split side.

Does anyone know if there is a spacific type of splitter/integrator out there to allow signals to come in from the cable and the antenna? I'm thinking radio shack would be the place to visit.