Mouse buttons switch themselves

stephrock

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
I have an HP Pavilion laptop and have the built-in mouse buttons set left-handed. If I "sleep" the computer and come back later, the buttons will have switched themselves and I have to go into the control panel and switch them back. If it is set "left" in the panel, I have to choose "right" to have them set for left; if it says "right" I choose left; either way, whichever way things are set in the control panel, I have to reverse it to get back to a "left" setting. This does not happen if the computer sleeps while I am using a USB mouse; only if I am using the internal mouse. No one I know has ever heard of this problem. Any ideas about what is causing it or how to fix it permanently?

duffycoug

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
I have the exact same problem with my Compaq C770 Notebook touchpad...it's VERY annoying. I'm wondering if it's something I'm doing because it usually happens while I'm using the touchpad, so I'm thinking there is some wacky combination of buttons to hold to make this happen....I wish I knew. I have an Alps