Transporting 61" Sony Rear Projection (model KP-61HS30)

Criimson

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
Hello everyone

This Friday I have to transport this TV to my house. I am going to transport it upright with blankets as padding and some couch cushions for the sides/front/back to minimize vibration. My question is: with it weighing in at 211lbs there is no way that the two of us can lift it into the truck with it remaining flat the entire time. Will it cause any/much damage if it were tilted at an angle? I planned on laying out some boards and placing the TV on a flat dolly (ones we use to move large stacks of items at work) and then rolling it into the back of the truck. Will this work safely?

Thank you for your help.
Shane

x Steel x

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
Whatever you do, never tilt a TV sideways when transporting it somewhere, even if it has enough boards and support to protect it, because no warranties cover accidental damage done to TV’s. My recommendation to you is to use an immense amount of saran rap over the TV screen and around the whole structure of the TV. This way you will have something to protect your screen. What kind of truck are transporting it in? Is it a open flat bed? Closed one?

Criimson

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
Well it wouldn't be sideways..more at an angle..maybe 45 degrees at the most, but probably 30 degrees or around there.
It is an open flat bed truck...we are transporting it roughly 10 miles..pretty close. The road we will be ussing is a highway...around 40MPH is the speed limit. Then on the road to my house which is roughly 6 blocks off of the highway..residential...relatively smooth roads the entire way.

x Steel x

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2008
You would typically want to lay the TV flat down when transporting to a destination. But considering that it is only a ten mile distance then it shouldn’t be too big of a hassle for you. I would still recommend saran rapping it before leaving with it.