Logitech Z-5500 fuse replacement

vermin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
I'm looking at the fuse replacements for the Logitech Z-5500 speakers. The key details to note are 20mm, 250v, 2A and Time delay.

Well I saw in a hardware shop 20mm 2A fuses, but those are the only details offered. Is this enough for the speakers? Or the time delay is necessary? Also, I believe 2A fuses are 250v ready?

Oh and I don't live in the states or the EU, so buying online isn't an option, that hardware shop with the 20mm 2A fuses are the closest I have managed to find.

Also, does anyone know how to stop the Z-5500s from constantly breaking the fuses? Besides not turning the main power on and off often. I've read that surge protectors help, but also read reports of people using surge protectors having broken fuses still. So I'd imagine its safe to say surge protectors don't help?

Thanks in advance!

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
How loud do you play the system?

Mostly called slow blow fuse and it's better thatn none delay. but regular fuse with the same amp works fine.

You might need UPS system that can manage up to 750W of power since speaker takes 550 RMS and 1000 Peak unless your crank it really high then 1200 - 1400 Watts is needed.

Probable cause of blown fuse are when turning the system on, playing music high while there's power surge or constant fluctuation or even a brownout. UPS system is better than just surge protectors.

vermin

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
Okay, so a regular 2A fuse is fine. Thats great cause its just really hard to find a shop with lotsa fuse options.

Hmm, a UPS system still won't 100% guarantee I won't get a blown fuse right? As UPS systems are pretty pricey here while fuses are dirt cheap :p

emanresu1

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
Yeah I'm reading this is a very common problem. Don't turn the power off and on at the subwoofer, it blows the fuse. I only just set them up but wanted to change the speakers around so I turned it off and then on again a minute later and blew the fuse, even with a surge protector board and a surge protector mounted on the board!