How to transfer my pics off the camera to a DVD!!!!!!!!!!!

suspenz

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
Ok to start off my questions....

i have a CASIO Exilim 10.1mp camera...i transfered a few pictures to a DVD-R 4.7GB. So far so good...now i tried to play them in my DVD player in the living room so my parents can see them....DVD player says cannot read disc...

how the hell do i make it to read the dvd where i burned the pictures at...and do i do the same thing with video's i have saved in my casio camera...how do i make it for the dvd player to read my disc...(pictures and videos)

thanks in advance

EDIT: my bad...i wasnt able to burn the pictures into the dvd-r....ive been trying many things...i know im just doing it wrong...since a guy from geeksquad from bestbuy told me that i dont need any software to burn my pictures into the dvd-r....please help!!!

g-paw

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
If you're just copying to the DVD that's likely the problem. I believe photos have to be burned to the DVD and the DVD has to be closed, i.e., you can't add anything to the disk once it's closed, at least this is true of video and music, haven't put any photos on a CD/DVD lately and when I do, I always use a program. Google's Piccasa is a free program that gets pretty good write ups but I haven't tried it. What you're doing is creating a Slide Show. Also, most digital cameras come with software
http://picasa.google.com/features/index.html

There are also plenty of programs you have to pay for, Corel Photo Album is good for organizing, simple editing, and creating slide shows. Adobe Photo Shop Elements is more expensive but will do a lot more. If you're doing videos as well, you can get Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premier Elements in a package, both full versions, that with rebate will cost you about $70 or so, a really good deal

It's possible they can only be burned to a CD, I've never tried to burn photos to a DVD but if you burn to a CD, your DVD player should be able to read them, unless it's really old and cheap. Modern DVD players can read most popular media. Picassa doesn't do video. Windows Movie Maker that comes with XP will. I haven't burned with Movie Maker but most video editing programs will let you insert photos into a video as well.

suspenz

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007

well i dont know what you mean by closed, but i tried just to burn the photos into a DVD-R and it wouldnt work...new DVD...so i see whats the problem...it says please insert blank cd....ill try that program you told me and ill see if it works...would picasa work for video's????

EDIT: ok well im trying to burn and it says please insert blank cd into drive E:\ .....wtf is up with that....i rebooted my comp and not sure if thats the problem???