Where to get GeForce Go 7900 GS ?

morfinel

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I have Inspiron 9400 and my graphic card is broken I presume. Its GeForce Go 7900 GS, I called pc repair and they can fix it for 139 pounds, I looked on ebay and they want for broken 300, is ther any place in Europe where I can buy this card ? Or can I replace it with different one ?

Cheers

montanabay

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
that might be a integrated chip, double check, I don't think they made many dedicated cards at that time on non-gaming platforms. If it is integrated, obviously you are SOL. Dedicated you'll have to get lucky on Ebay OR what might be easier is to find an old 9400 for sale and poach it, again tho assuming it is a dedicated card.

good luck!

Josh

PS: My 7900 just crapped out on my Toshiba 105P 9312 after 3+ years of heavy use. The 8+ series in NVIDIA have really stepped up in performance, you might just look for a new lappie!

Only low end cards were/are integrated. The 7600 GS/GT and the 7900 GS/GTX and the 7950GTX were all dedicated cards in laptops. That's not to say that they can be replaced without changing the motherboard as well though. Some companies see fit to solder these cards in place thus rendering easy upgrades useless.