Using Sony stereo speakers for computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillerTime8806

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
I have a Sony stereo that I got about 5 years ago. I was wondering if it is possible to use the speakers from this stereo with my computer. Anyone know how, or at least where to start or where to look? Thanks.

strangestranger

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
that depends on what connections you have on the stereo and what connections you have on your comp.

is there any inputs on your stereo for extenal devices to hook up to like a video player or something similar?

MillerTime8806

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
I finally was able to check on my stereo. There are only left and right audio out ports. Is there some sort of adapter I could use to hook it up to my computer?

strangestranger

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
without inputs you cannot play sounds through your stereo from the comp.

you would need some inputs like i say. of course i am assuming your speakers are powered by an amp that is part of your stereo and aren't individually powered which i would doubt to be the case.

Dannodamanno

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009

I have a pair of old wood cased speakers with small oval speakers (like car speakers) with the two wire connections on the back. Is there a way I can use these through my computer?

Thanks in advance for your input,
Dannodamanno

drummerman

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
you have to have two inputs on your sterio one red/ white than you have to have like a cord that would plug into a mp3 or ipod like a headphone jack thing that turns into two rca cables that you plug into your receiver sterio. you can usually pick these cables up around walmart or a hardware store, in the mall go ask someone who knows in a sterio shop they should know, but who knows you probly have it all figured out by now. Good luck man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.