New business laptop

pdaps

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Hi all,

Need a bit of a hand purchasing a laptop. It has been a while since I was keenly interested in hardware so I have fallen behind the times!

I need a new laptop for work. My company requirements are 4gb, Visa Ultimate, and Office 2007 pro. I am also likely to have VMware, SQL Server, MySQL installed that might use a lot of resources. I may even sneak a few games on every now and then when I have the spare time!

The site I have to go through for my laptop is pcworld in the UK. From there I have identified 3, that I think will suit my needs.

Samsung Q310 - I think I like this the most as a balance of specs/weight and size. My current laptop is 15.4 and I feel its rather bulky, especially as I carry it on my back for 2-3 km every day. I'm worried I might get insane writing project plans with that size/resolution if I dont have my big monitor.

Acer travelmate 6593g-944932MN - This one seems to have much better specs but is rather large.

Sony VAIO VGN-cs21s/W - Seems to have crappier specs but a nice compromise on size.

Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Cheers

Moriene

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2011
If you are aiming for a starting a company or expand your business in Singapore, we can help you achieve your goals. Enrich Consulting provides personalized business solutions to your business needs. We have helped many entrepreneurs from worldwide to achieve their dream of doing business in Singapore