Laptop buying with 13 questions

nova1989

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
1_What is your budget?

£400 to £600 , I have been looking at sites which mostly offer interest free credit

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Screen size, 12" to 15"

3_What screen resolution do you want?

lowest 1280X800

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable

5_How much battery life do you need?

above 3hrs, preferable 5hrs+ but it will be mostly used on trains where theres a plug socket

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Would like to play older games like sim city 4, roller coaster tycoon, age of empires 2, older command and conquer games at low to medium settings

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)

I will also use it for surfing the web, playing music, watching films/tv.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?

80gb and above

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

I would like to get it from sites that offer interest free credit as i am a student and i get so much money per week but i will have my student loan in september to pay off the rest of credit loan.

ive looked at www.scan.co.uk and rockdirect.co.uk so far, was unhappy to find out that dell dont do interest free :(

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?

long as possible really but id say at least 2yrs, dont know what my circumstances will be like in the future

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.

i was looking at getting the Rock Pegasus P210 but then reading about the atom processor not being able to handle games put me off it. Having no dvd drive did not put me off.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I am open to all diffrent makes.

13_What country do you live in?

England

If anymore information is needed just ask :)

Thnaks for all help