How do I hook up 2 VGA sources to 1 VGA port on a TV?

sdrawkcaBgoD

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
I recently purchased the HD DVD add-on for my XBox 360. In order to get the best picture possible I also purchased the XBox 360 VGA cable. I have this hooked up to my 56" Samsung DLP model HLS-5687W.

My question is this: Is there any way to also hook up my spare comp (Dell GX520) to use as a video/music server? More to the point, is there a way to hook up 2 VGA Out cables into one VGA In port? My TV has only one VGA connection but I want to run both my XBox and spare computer to it.

I've thought about KVM switches, but how would that work seeing as the XBox doesn't have a keyboard/mouse? How would I switch between the two? (Most KVM switches I've seen use hot-keys to switch between the sources.) I have never used one of them before and have very limited knowledge of how they operate.

Is there such a thing as a video switch as opposed to the whole keyboard/video/mouse switch setup?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I've never seen a KVM without a switch by it self, while there's the keyboard Control, Alt and shift keys there's also a button switch on it's box.

Unfortunately some KVM has an awful design that it is very awkward to button is located. So you may want to check on what design that works for you best.