HP HDX20 ATT uverse TV Vista Media Center

silversurfernhs

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
I have an hdx dragon laptop and a problem... maybe you all can help.

I am trying to get my dvr box to output video via coaxial cable to the back of my hdx where there is a coaxial converter connection... i tried to set this up as i did with the antenna in media center, but it said no signal... am i doing something wrong?

frozenlead

Distinguished
Your STB has a coaxial output? Are you sure?

Is your TV also digital? If it is, the tuner inside of your notebook should be digital also, else it won't be able to get the signal without a conversion.

Is the port on the notebook an antenna connector or is it actually for a hard line?

silversurfernhs

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
ok i figured out how to use hps quickplay to use the analog tv tuner, it doesnt work with the digital (because obviously im using the analog) but i would like to figure out how to het a digital signal... my problem now is that i want this to function in media center so that i can use the xbox media center extender to watch the tv...
but like i said before it doesnt find a signal
also, the response from remote to my regular tv is instant, while from remote to pc it takes at least 10 seconds

frozenlead

Distinguished
You need a digital downconverter to use the digital signal. One of the $40 government ones should work.

I can't tell you much on the remote but play around with it and a few other remotes. Media center is still rather shotty and slow, if you ask me.