ASUS W90 REVIEW

Okay, I couldn't stop laughing there for a sec. I clicked on the link and was greeted with an advertisement for Dell XPS laptops :D

Yeah, it's certainly not a bad looking system. Good benchmark results as well. I personally am waiting to see if Clevo comes out with an ATi based systems, but they seem to like NVidia a lot so I'm not hopeful.

I also saw an MSI system on newegg that came with an HD 4850 for $1400: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152103

frozenlead

Distinguished
I've been wondering about the ATI tradeoff for Clevo, too.

That Asus looks like it would run hot, though.

But...15k 3dmarks for a notebook? Man...that's a lot...

And I'm loving how they put the Crysis FPS in the summary...ahhaha.

Not sure how much you followed the OCZ whitebook with the xfired 3870's, but 15K is what 2 cards were scoring with a quad and with some serious overclocks. So for this system at stock and with a dual core to reach that point in the mobile sector.....quite the accomplishment.

frozenlead

Distinguished
Almost makes me want to buy it. Then I remember what I'm typing on and how much I spent on it. And the bill I get next semester.

Honestly, though, I don't know how well the Asus would do on OC. You could replace all the TIM, but there just doesn't seem to be enough vents on that thing to cool two cards and the cpu.

Yeah about that.....

Thursday into Friday: 5 hours of sleep
Friday into Saturday: 4-4.5 hours
Saturday into Sunday: 4 hours
last night: back up to about 6

Damn construction..... :pt1cable: