Transfer My VHS Home Movies to DVD

HSA

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
I recently purchased the ADS DVD Xpress to transfer my VHS home movies (regular VHS, not S-video) to DVD (and do some editing with the ulead Studio9 software).

The hookup process is quite simple. Being standard VHS, I use a standard composite video cable; my VHS player has no S-video output.

I just read in THG how the ADS DVD Xpress degrades the signal (several alalog-to-digital conversions), especially if one is copying DVDs. But I, too, believe there is some loss of quality, merely going from VHS (analog) to DVD (digital).

Am I going about this in the best way? Is there a better process than using this outboard ADS box? Would an internal video capture card really improve matters, or am I simply dealing with the realities of going from analog to digital?

Thank you,

Howard

mairambija

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
or visit VHS to DVD and copy your home video tapes to dvd. You can get a pretty good conversion at a reasonable price from a lot of places. But what are most of these companies lacking? Care and attention to detail! Other ways you get totally amateurish product done with domestic equipment.
link: http://www.vhs-to-dvd.com/