HOw can I download necessary software/driver/program if password recognizer isnt

aliasjanedoe

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
My fugitzu laptop began moving very slowly, not too my surprize, because I am a photographer....attempting to free space, I found that my password, after changing it, would not work. However, I believe that my password recognizer might be disabled.???

frozenlead

Distinguished
What password are you talking about? What do you mean, would not work? And if your password recognizer is disabled, then you wouldn't be able to enter or change a password, would you? What password recognizer are you talking about, anyway? What OS are you running?

Detailed descriptions, please.

aliasjanedoe

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009

neither my administrator password(because i dont remember what i set it to back around xmas time)...or my main profile password. I think its because after changing my password, I may have taken the password off, then changed it back before rebooting. I run windows vista business

frozenlead

Distinguished
If you disable the password, it is deleted.

However, if you forgot your administrator password and your user password, there is no way to recover them. You must reinstall windows.

aliasjanedoe

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009

Does that mean i lose ALL my files???? I'm a photographer and I was in the middle of backing up my photos

frozenlead

Distinguished
You haven't 'lost' anything. You've simply lost the ability to access your files by booting windows. You can plug that disc into a different computer that boots off of another hard disk and access your files.

aliasjanedoe

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009

sorry if i sound absolutely RETARDED, but what do you mean exactly by "plug that disk" into another computer?

frozenlead

Distinguished
No question is retarded. Well, maybe.

Anyway, I mean take the disc you've got in your notebook and plug it into a desktop computer (which support more than one hard disk - most notebooks don't). You'll then be able to access your files like using an external hard disk.

aliasjanedoe

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009

before, or after i re-install vista?