Yet another "which laptop?" thread.

farkmedead

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
I want to get my laptop from the following shop:

http://laptopfactoryoutlet.com.au/newlaptops1000.htm

i want to get the toshiba a300 for 1300, with a free upgrade to 4gb ram and one more 200gb harddrive.
i am able to get any laptop shown on that link, everything is below $1400 AUD.

its for "uni" but of course i will be using for casual gaming, so i will still need the graphics card. what do you guys reckon?

i like the a300 because of the cure 2 duo and the ati v/c.

thanks in advance

edit: i thought i would fill this out as well :

1_What is your budget?
around1.8k, lower the better of course but

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15"+ too small hurts my eyes :)

3_What screen resolution do you want?
um...im not sure...1280x768?

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
portable

5_How much battery life do you need?
longer the better, 3+ at LEAST

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
yes, medium settings or higher+ (games like fallout3)

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
music, msn, surf web, photoshop for fun but not professionally, playing movies, doing work on microsoft office, presentations.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
the more the better, 300gb+ preferably

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
http://laptopfactoryoutlet.com.au/newlaptops1000.htm

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
um, i want to use it for at least 5+ years

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
none i can think of.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

13_What country do you live in?
australia

THANKS

izach

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
From the list of laptops on that site the HP DV7-1212tx stands out tall because of its processor T9550 and 9600GT graphic card. It would play pretty much everything in medium to high settings.

Also you should keep in mind that loading graphic card, ram, HD Display and large hard disk adds to the energy consumption and thus correspond directly to more battery drainage. So it would not be possible to get 3+ hours of battery life with a fully loaded laptop.