Hp pavillion dv9000t battery problems

Theangryurchin

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
My hp pavillion dv9000t has had problems with the battery since i got it. i have already had to get a battery twice because they no longer last very long, about 2 minutes on battery alone. Now they won't even work when plugged in. My labtop would turn on and get to where it was loading my system tray. Then die but it wouldn't say that it was plugged in or charging. There are 2 notification lights that tell when the battery is charging, neither of them light up any more. My question is when i go to best buy to get another labtop battery from warrenty should i brign my notebook and tell them that the charging system doesn't seem to be working, or will that probably work once i get a new battery.

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
you can use your notbook without the battery stuck in.

just put your cable in notebook and do the battery out of his place.
i'm on a dv6000 right know, i have a 6 cell with 30 minutes of battery life. HP has bad batterys.

bring your notebook with you, so you let them see the problems. maybe it's a notebook problem.

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
hey

i don't know if you did already something. i did some googling. because i had problems with my hp dv6000 i was checking out why they've send me an e-mail to update a newer bios( long time ago)

here is a link with symptoms

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&lc=en&cc=us

stated: 'The battery charge indicator light does not turn on when the battery is installed and the AC adapter is connected.'

check out the link it's interesting for all Hp users.