Laptop is better than Desktop ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhatarapol

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Laptop is better than Desktop

Laptop is better than desktop. The reasons why I think Laptop is better than Desktop are firstly Laptop is portable and convenient. We can carry it to everywhere we want. Moreover, we can use Laptop indoor or outdoor while Desktop can’t do like this because desktop is much more heavy. This is the advantage for Me when I go outside and want to do homework, laptop can support my needs because it is convenient for me to use it to do my homework or to do my project. Secondly, laptop has battery so when electricity has problem, we can continue doing our work and save the file. While desktop, if we don’t have uninterrupted power supply (UPS) and electricity has problem, we may lose our work (I used to have this experience with desktop before. In the past because the price of UPS is so high that I can’t afford and unfortunately the electricity has problem, while I concentrated with my work and did not save the file. So I have to start my homework all over again. That’s why I appreciate Laptop because it has reserved battery and I do not have to start doing my work again. Thirdly, laptop has good design and looks modern, while desktop is conventional and looks old fashioned for example Desktop has large dimensions and requires large area for operation. I live in a modern home which has limited area, so I can use laptop at the Sofa or on my bed which PC can’t. Fourthly, laptop is cheaper in electricity charge because laptop uses only 65-100 watts while Desktop uses more than 350 watts, we pay less when use laptop than desktop. During the economic downturn period, energy saving appliance is very suitable because it can help you save money in your pocket.
For the above mentioned reasons, I think laptop is better than desktop. Therefore, I suggest everybody to buy laptop.

Please show me your idea, agree or disagree on this topic

G

Yeah !! I agree with you because laptop can bear can go to convenient.

Umm Weight of laptop is less than Desktop too.

bhatarapol

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Each one has benefits that the other can't match.

Laptops offer portability and mobility. The amount of power we are able to pack into a mobile form is ever increasing. Laptops still tend to lag a bit in the GPU area.

Desktops offer more power and expandability that laptops can't match. With desktops you have the ability to have multi-socket platforms for server use. Desktop can also have parts easily upgraded and swapped.

The answer is always going to be based on the situation that the user is in. Some people just don't care about having or need a truly mobile solution so for them a desktop is where it's at.

G

Yes,I agree with your opinion.I have a Laptop too.It very comfortable to carry to anywhere.I think it's very worthwhile for a price and one thing that I like is
most of laptop has a wifi.It mean you can connect to the internet if that area has a wifi but not in desktop.

bhatarapol

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008

yes , I agree with you , everything has its own advantage.Notebook is portable & mobilible.

While desktop can upgrade and has more performance than laptop.

It depend on situation that we want to use.

If you have more reason you want to chose laptop or desktop plz give you comment

thank U every comment

bhatarapol

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
---------------- I believe laptop is better than PC --------------------------------
Although, laptop is usually hot and many people said it expensive but it can use for your business when you go to other place and laptop is the best way to give you a comfortable life so, it can develop for better than today and it will useful for our future.

G

I totally disagree.

Because, laptop never better than destop computer. It's limited performane by size. Then, laptop is slower , more low-technology , etc. than Destop PC. Moreover, Desktop PC is more cheaper than laptop. Laptop's price is twice , if we compare with Desktop PC in as same as Size of screen and spec.

Otherthing about laptop battery. It can't be and adventage anymore , because Desktop also have a power supply to protect data in your PC.
In addition, laptop battery is very expensive (around 5000 B) , and it's can gone easily , because life time is around 2-3 years . On the other hand, power supply of desktop price isn't more than 500 B with international waruntee 5 years.

PS. For Third and fourth reason . About the Third reason, It's depend on user fashion.Furthermore, I can graruntee that if you want to buy computer or laptop the design is not much important . Almost of condition is about budget , performance and power saving. Moreover, if you buy desktop Pc instead of laptop you can saving a lot of money , so you can buy other accessory such as 22-inch wide screen that can make you PC look extra luxurious.

Sorry , I have to say that only adventage of laptop over Desktop PC is portable.

From.......Darkness (Ton) CPE

bhatarapol

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
---------------- I believe laptop is better than PC --------------------------------
Although, laptop is usually hot and many people said it expensive but it can use for your business when you go to other place and laptop is the best way to give you a comfortable life so, it can develop for better than today and it will useful for our future.

From my favorite point, Ilike notebook but it's hard to tell which one is better

When considering on price , we may prefer PC.

When considering on comfortability,we may prefer notebook.

But for technical view,both have their own advantage.

G

I think so Laptop good than DESTOP Because help good very much

bhatarapol

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
Yeah !! I agree with you because laptop can bear can go to convenient.

Umm Weight of laptop is less than Desktop too.

Yes,I agree with your opinion.I have a Laptop too.It very comfortable to carry to anywhere.I think it's very worthwhile for a price and one thing that I like is
most of laptop has a wifi.It mean you can connect to the internet if that area has a wifi but not in desktop.

Thank you for your comment we have the same opinion.

bhatarapol

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
I totally disagree.

Because, laptop never better than destop computer. It's limited performane by size. Then, laptop is slower , more low-technology , etc. than Destop PC. Moreover, Desktop PC is more cheaper than laptop. Laptop's price is twice , if we compare with Desktop PC in as same as Size of screen and spec.

Otherthing about laptop battery. It can't be and adventage anymore , because Desktop also have a power supply to protect data in your PC.
In addition, laptop battery is very expensive (around 5000 B) , and it's can gone easily , because life time is around 2-3 years . On the other hand, power supply of desktop price isn't more than 500 B with international waruntee 5 years.

PS. For Third and fourth reason . About the Third reason, It's depend on user fashion.Furthermore, I can graruntee that if you want to buy computer or laptop the design is not much important . Almost of condition is about budget , performance and power saving. Moreover, if you buy desktop Pc instead of laptop you can saving a lot of money , so you can buy other accessory such as 22-inch wide screen that can make you PC look extra luxurious.

Sorry , I have to say that only adventage of laptop over Desktop PC is portable.

From.......Darkness (Ton) CPE

yes , I agree with you , everything has its own advantage.Notebook is portable & mobilible.

While desktop can upgrade and has more performance than laptop.

It depend on situation that we want to use.

If you have more reason you want to chose laptop or desktop plz give you comment

thank U every comment

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I hate to be a party pooper but this has to be one of the most pointless topics I have ever seen. A desktop and a laptop are made for people who have different lifestyles that both require a computer.

There isn't universal greater one. A person who travels allot will prefer a laptop. While some who doesn't most likely prefers a desktop. Its all about the person nothing else.

randi

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
hey guys,
i too thnk laptops are better than desktops, but lap are expensive bt portable
both have ads and disads

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS