Help me find the laptop thats right for me.

wirelessfender

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
1_What is your budget? $800 - $1000

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 17inch

3_What screen resolution do you want? 1440 x 900 min, 1900x1600 Ideal.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop Replacement

5_How much battery life do you need? Not a major concern.

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Half life 2, Call of duty 4, Team fortress 2, Medium - High settings. I think those games are not very demanding so High settings would probably be easy right?

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)

Photo / Video Viewing, Web surfing, Music, Movies (Blue Ray if affordable)

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 250GB min, 300+ Ideal

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. no

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 1.5 years

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them. I'd really like blue ray player functionality with an HDMI output. And eSATA output would be very nice too, Not critical though. Also, I dont know about sound cards in laptops but I have the top of the line logitech speakers so sound quality is a must!

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I am open to all brands, however I think toshiba laptops tend to look really ugly...

13_What country do you live in? USA

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

wirelessfender

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
Now i'm trying to decide between the HDX16 or the HDX18. The 18inch screen would kick ass but it puts it up another $100 at least and doesnt have the option for a 12 cell battery.. This is getting expensive!

U said:
4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop Replacement

5_How much battery life do you need? Not a major concern.

So i dont think the battery life will be a serious issue for u :d

wirelessfender

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
It isnt really. I plan on having it plugged in 80% of the time. I think I'm going to go for the HDX 18. I cant afford it as of now, But I'd like to sell my desktop since It's a gaming PC and I don't really play games anymore.

One last inquiry, do you think the price of these HP laptops will go down at all for the holiday season?