Another "I need a recommendation on a laptop" thread

sciggy

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
1_What is your budget? Less than $800

2_How much screen size do you need? 14.1 or less, size isn't as big of an issue as weight (looking for ~5lbs or less)

3_How much screen resolution do you want? not a big issue, 1280 would be nice

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? portable

5_How much battery life do you need? ~2 hours

6_Do you want to play games with it? If so then what kind of settings you want to play your games?(Low,Medium or High)? Warcraft 3 medium-high (if possible for this budget), Starcraft 2 hopefully

7_What other tasks do you want to with your laptop? mostly for taking notes in school, some light gaming, web browsing, listening to music

8_How much storage(H.D.D Capacity)do you need? just enough to function really, I have an iphone so don't need to store too much on the laptop

9_If you just want to buy from some sites that you like,please post the link of them. No one specific, but if I can get it from best buy I get rewards points (not a requirement by any means though)

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 2 years minimum to get me through the rest of college

11_If you like to mention some other things,please post them too. Currently have a toshiba laptop that weighs 6.2 lbs and the reason I'm looking for a new one is mostly because of weight. Also not looking to buy at this moment, probably will purchase closer to Christmas if not afterwards (if I get any gift certificates to help in the purchase)

I saw this one at best buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1218012522418&type=product&skuId=9050242 and it seemed like a really good option. I was unsure how the 9300M GS stacked up in the mobile graphics world seeing as it is not in any GPU charts yet. Also is the 9000 series safe from the nvdia graphics chip flaws?

Thank you for any help you can give, it is much appreciated.