Seeking MP3 Player Hard Disk >100gb External

laboheme

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Hello,

I am looking for an External Hard Drive with a builtin monitor that can play music connected directly to a stereo? I am looking for hard drive (does not need to be mobile or small) that preferably can connect to the internet and stream audio. There is a discussion in toms below but that includes video which I don't need and can't connect to the web. any ideas? thanks.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/03/10/mvix_adds_multimedia_player_sauces_to_external_storage/

Daniel

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
The Archos AV700 7" has a 100gb hard drive. It also has a 7" widescreen screen, which is a bit of overkill for what you want.

Don't take this as gospel but I'm pretty sure the Creative Nomad used a 2.5" laptop HD. If you can get that (ebay is your friend) and a suitable HD then that could work.

I can't remember where but I saw a tutorial on replacing the 1.8" Creative ZEN Touch HD. I remember it being a bit more difficult to do though.

P.S. If you decide to undertake these mods please be aware that you do so at your own risk and I am in no way responsible for anything that goes wrong.