Help deciding on a laptop maybe Asus

SilvyrDreams

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
Oops k here goes

1_What is your budget?
$1500 ish maybe a little more if its nice

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.4 at the least

3_What screen resolution do you want?
Strange i dont have an answer cause i dont know, i click the game and it runs lol. If you have an idea let me know

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
desktop replacement definetly, cause desktops on its last legs

5_How much battery life do you need?
about 2 hours i'll probably have it plugged in as often as i can

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
hmm the new Warhammer age of reckoning, maybe age of conan, diablo III, Id like to be able to play crysis if at all possible. And high would be a nice thing for the setting

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
web surfing, videos and music

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
at least 200gb

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. Was considering the ASUS G Series G50V-X1 from newegg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220379&Tpk=34-220-379 dont know about many other sites maybe tigerdirect if its cheap or a deal

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
full size keyboard would be nice, 4gigs of ram, 512mb dedicated video card, a decent screen, sounds not an issue i have headphones on always and i can get speakers later, a good warranty is a plus, Dual core cpu 2.5ghz or however fast i need to play my games sufficiently

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
um i dont have any preference i just want a good laptop that fits my needs.
13_What country do you live in?
USA

SilvyrDreams

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
hmm once again id like a 512mb video card cause i want to keep up with the current games. And in 2 years i hope to still use this, so if you have other suggestions im all ears. Thanx for the reply though

frozenlead

Distinguished
That dell is a good choice, yes.

If you want the GPU power, a gateway FX series is an option. Other than that, there's the Sager NP 5796, which is a little out of your price range.