hp dv4z worth buying? Need quick response

ceelo45

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2008
Im considering buying a hp d4vz laptop for school use and light gaming. I like the 14 inch screen and only 4.8lb weight which would be easier to carry around than the usual budget pcs. I am just curious if this laptop is worth buying for 650 dollars total since I cannot find any reviews online. However, the processor worries me with its low l2 cache.

Operating system Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (32-bit) edit
Processor AMD Athlon(TM) X2 Dual-Core Processor for Notebook PCs QL-60 (1.9GHz) edit
Display 14.1" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800) edit
Memory FREE Upgrade to 2GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 1GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) edit
Graphics card ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3200 Graphics edit
Hard drive FREE Upgrade to 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection edit
Personalization Webcam Only edit
Keyboard HP Color Matching Keyboard edit
Networking 802.11b/g WLAN edit
Modem Port No Modem edit
TV & entertainment experience No TV Tuner w/remote control edit
Primary battery High Capacity 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery edit
Productivity software Microsoft(R) Works 9.0 edit
Primary CD/DVD drive SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support edit

Any input is appreciated.

kundsefs

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
It is a extremely good laptop, it great just like all other HP products. Though I would suggest 3GB Memory, 320 GB Hard drive, Extra Power 6-cell battery, Modem, and DVD/CD software (Cyberlink).
Total= $717.99

kundsefs

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009

I agree

badtzmaru

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I upgraded the hard drive on my HP DV4Z laptop to 500GB (western digital) and the RAM to 4GB. Also changed the operating system to Vista Business. The laptop works reliably with good game playing performance from the AMD Athlon x64 CPU. Total cost with the upgrades was about $675. (Originally bought it from HP Online for about $550). The metallic finished keyboard works great and the laptop's styling is excellent. Recommended but I believe HP has discontinued the DV4Z and only sells the DV4T (Intel CPU) now.