MACBOOK VS windows based laptop

totolkhan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
hi ,
i'm going to buy a new laptop .
does new macbook 2.4ghz 3mb cash perform well in windows too ?
in 1500$ range there is another option HP art edition 2.5ghz 6mb cash , 320gb hard , 4 gig ram .
which one do u choose ?

tnx

totolkhan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
merC maziar jan ,
i'm mostly using windows , but i like some programs like shake or final cut that only runs on macs .
but anyway , does windows performs as other windows based laptops on macbooks without any unexpected latencies or problems ? and does 2.4ghz 3mb cashe on macs performs that much slower than 2.5ghz 6mb cashe on hp art edition ?
i mostly use video editing programs and 3d programs but i also want something that gives me some battery life , what about their battery ? my old hp under 100 cpu usage gives me 50- 80 minutes , what about macbooks ?

and from all points of views which one ?

khahesh mikonam aziz :)
glad to see Iranians here:)

Well 2.5GHZ CPU with 6MB cache perform better than 2.4GHZ with 3MB cache especially in cpu intensive apps :) well if u go with OS X leopard u will have less erros and bugs but u are limited with programs,most apps are for windows.also i dont recommend u getting MACBOOK because its not built to do heavy tasks,i say if u need OS X go for MACBOOK PRO and thats expensive IMO.
I would go for Windows because aside from the less bugs and errors that OS X has windows has more apps IMO.

frozenlead

Distinguished
Agreed. Macbooks are for average users, and even at that, they're overpriced. You would need a Macbook Pro. You can get much more power from a PC for the prices those go for.

I still maintain there is no reason to get a Mac over a PC. I've never found one, I doubt I ever will.

Unless you need those mac apps, which I highly doubt there aren't better programs out for PC's, I would get a PC.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
still if you want to go with the macbook you have the ability to have both windows and MacOSX on it so you have both worlds on it. but i too think there overpriced and not worth the extra bucks unless you are going for style