Reliom

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
Sony Vaio
PCG-GRT100

Inverter Part Number:

S405Z3
CfdB2
(Not sure if the whole thing is Part Number or just the top one)

When I do a search for PCG-GRT100 all I find are completely different inverter parts, and when I search for S405Z3 I find what looks to be the part but its listed for different Sony laptops and the second alphanumeric string is different.. anyone know why this is?

Also any suggestions on who to buy from would be much appreciated.. I have come across numerous sites but everyone has vastly different prices so not sure which sites are legit and which are not.

Reliom

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
Ordered and installed an inverter and having same problem so apparently I have to replace the backlight...

Anyone have any advice on which backlight I should order Sharp LQ150F1LW14 is the monitor 15" SXGA..

Should I order the 15" backlight on this page http://www.lcdparts.net/CCFL1.aspx or do I need to order a specific one. In other words are they all the same just difference sizes or brand specific.

dwellman

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
I've had fairly good success with takeing any old back light from any old lcd and "popping" it in a different lcd: caveats being diameter is sometimes different, but usually not to big a deal.

You are always safe getting one exactly like you have or with the exact same specs as what you have, but sometimes I just scour the Ebay for a cracked panel that is compatible with the laptop in question: 1) its cheaper, and 2) I don't have to solder anything, usually.