Gateway P-7811FX opinions anyone?

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
i have my choice for laptop for my new job (within reason). i was thinking of the Gateway. every review ive read says its outstanding. anyone have any experience with it? or any suggestions for another?

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
yes, they seem to be quite a step up from their desktops. :) the only issue i can see is that it doesnt come with Vista Ultimate, so i'd have to purchase the upgrade myself. i dont even see options to configure the system.

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Yeah, the computer itself seems spec'ed well, but I don't like Gateway myself. That's just a personal thing though :p I'd still suggest it for a good budget gaming laptop.

tdean

Distinguished
May 4, 2001
its gonna be my work system, or one of them. i wont have any trouble upgrading to Vista Ultimate will i?

:hello:

Johanachristopher

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
Hi everyone,

i have purchased Gateway notebook just few days back at Buy.com by going through Rebation.com. By going this i have got 10% cash back of the total bill price. Really this notebook is very fine to look and also work. I am very happy to work with this notebook.

I would venture to guess that it shouldn't be an issue. Simply run it like you were doing a clean install of an OS.

Granted that's what my brother and I thought when we tried to install XP over a virus ridden Dell. :whistle:

magilla

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
I have had nothing but problems with the P7811FX. the first one i had would get stuck on the start screen so i returned it and they gave me a new one, after a week it had a weird error that would pop up 5 minutes into using the computer and wud shut it off, i went back to bestbuy and they gave me a third one, this one worked for 2 months, just enough time to run out my store warrenty, then it had a major problem with the screen, i couldnt get a new one but i could mail it in to gateway to have it fixed, only they would not fix it, it would work for a day or two and then have the same problem, i sent it there about 6 times and about 150 bucks in mailing fees, and finally it fixed for about 6 months and then broke, and my store and gateway warrenty was out... =[ fail computer