The Palm Pixi Arrives in Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
I just buy my phones off ebay. I bought HTC TOUCH for $100 new. No contract ext or that jazz. And saved $250 as well. Screw the phone companies.

G

that lady in the reflection is my grandmother!!! where did you find her? please tell her i said hi. haven't seen her in like 20 years.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
[citation][nom]ern88[/nom]I just buy my phones off ebay. I bought HTC TOUCH for $100 new. No contract ext or that jazz. And saved $250 as well. Screw the phone companies.[/citation]
Get this new Palm, I'm sure you could find it on eBay for like $25 today! (yeah... right... good luck with that)

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]iloveyourface[/nom]that lady in the reflection is my grandmother!!! where did you find her? please tell her i said hi. haven't seen her in like 20 years.[/citation]

Lol, managed to find a source without the creepy ghost lady in the glass!

JMS3096

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
Why would you get any Sprint phone off-contract? It's not like you can use it on any other service out there. Incompatible radios, and no SIM card...

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
Not sure why everyone hates the contracts so much. I'd rather have no contracts, higher phone prices, and cheapers service as much as the next guy. It's not like you're going to up and decide to get rid of your phone service, so the contract isn't such a bad thing. I only sign one year contracts though because I love to upgrade annually. Mobile technology is moving so quickly!

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
If you get this type of phone, you're going to be paying a pretty good buck for the service, since you'll want to add a data plan to get the most out of the phone. That considered, if you look at the overall cost of ownership over even a 1 year period... it starts to make you look really freaking stupid to purchase a low end smartphone, because the difference in cost becomes negligible, but the difference in user experience is significant. There's no way I'd let anyone I know buy one of these... If they're a fan of Palm, the Pre exists.

hardwarekid9756

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
If it were a verizon phone, TOTALLY! That or if it were on that projected "unlimited" walmart plan. I've been wanting to sink my teeth into that for some time. there's a cheap-o unlimited service around my home (Cricket) that does a pretty good job, but it's service is spotty, bandwidth is slow, and the phones are shit. If walmart can give AT&T bandwidtn (which isn't saying much) Sprint-level coverage (Again, not saying much) on that phone...I'd terminate today and switch over tomorrow!

ern88

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2009
[citation][nom]TunaSoda[/nom]Get this new Palm, I'm sure you could find it on eBay for like $25 today! (yeah... right... good luck with that)[/citation]
Hey, I didn't say this phone or the PRE. But a phone that maybe close to being out a year. You can find great deals on. I installed Windows Mobile 6.5.1 ROM on my phone. And I bet it works just as good as any other phone with WinMo 6.5. that costs $300. Why waste money when you can get a phone thats comparable to the new ones and save $$$ and retarded 3 year contracts.

TunaSoda

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2005
[citation][nom]ern88[/nom]Hey, I didn't say this phone or the PRE. But a phone that maybe close to being out a year. You can find great deals on. I installed Windows Mobile 6.5.1 ROM on my phone. And I bet it works just as good as any other phone with WinMo 6.5. that costs $300. Why waste money when you can get a phone thats comparable to the new ones and save $$$ and retarded 3 year contracts.[/citation]
Because it runs Windows Mobile... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.