Help choosing notebook. Researched myself to confusion

jdplaytime

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
1_What is your budget? Scrimped and saved all my life. Ready to splurge. $2500 to $3500

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15" or what is the max that will fit on an airplaned seatback tray?

3_What screen resolution do you want? Best on my eyes.

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Never owned one. Always used desktop.

5_How much battery life do you need? 2 hours?

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? Want to but, never have. Some interest.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?

1) Quickbooks & worked retaled software 2) typical web surfing etc. 3). Photo/video editing as hobby using Adobe Photoshop/Premier elements 4) Sony HDR-SR11 AVCHDE HDD Camcorder to create high def. videos using its provided software Picture Motion Browser 3.0
BUT SONY SAYS THAT IT WILL NOT WORK WIHT 64 BIT VISTA.
5) Connecting to my TV to play Blu-Ray movies.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 250 to 300?

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 to 4 years.

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.
Main reason is so I can do fun stuff with my computer where I like to hang instead of being couped up at my office.
Blu-Ray Burner a good option?

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Sagernotebook since is non propriatory.

ASUS Lamborghini VX2SE AK001G for its conversational appeal since I am in the car business.
Only problem is only sold in UK and not sure if will work here in the US & don't like the 5200rpm hard drive.
http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=22342

ASUS VX2S-B2Y (is this powerful enough to meet my needs?)
http://www.dhgate.com/p_ff8080811b5cdeaf011b5df631ec7b23.html

ASUS G50V-A2 when comes out in few weeks

13_What country do you live USA
Any & ALL ADVICE is Greatly APPRECIATED

jdplaytime

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
I Realize that the $1000 upcharge is for the name.
Looked at SAGER & do like its non-propiotory status. But, still hung on the Lamborghini since I probably will never choose to afford the actual car and am in the car business I know I will get that much in conversational value.

My real question is which of these Ausus Lambo models will provide the speed I will require doing the Photo/ Video editing & creation hobby I am getting into.

The for Asus Lambo sale by dhgate.com is only $1290 but is their a reason why so much cheaper.

jdplaytime

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
Here is the thread
http://www.dhgate.com/p_ff8080811b5cdeaf011b5df631ec7b23.html

HD-DVD with Docking Station. This means its opticla drive is the out of date High Defintion and does not run Blu-Ray?

I currently have 4 networked desktops: two are Power Spec AMD 3500, 1.5 gigs of ram, and run XP home. These are plenty fast but too old of processors for Adobe Premier Elements. I bought to do my Video/Photo editing an Acer AMD 3500 running Vista basic home. I boosted to 2 Gigs of ram and added a GeForce 8600 video card. The Acer is still brutaly slow in all tasks & theirfore I am really doing my research this time. I am considering downgrading it to XP.

Thanks again & appreciae your help.