Need help restoring Advance Compuer

startraveler2

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
My father has an Advance Compuer with WindowsXP purchased at Walmart. It went haywire. It has three restore discs and I can't get it past disc two if that far. I need dire help in restoring this computer system. Any ideas? Tricks, tips, thoughts (other than throw in river or burn). Please! What''s going on?

startraveler2

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Something happened preventing his Juno internet service from working. What happened after that I don't know. It says on boot that a system files is missing from system32. It just won't accept the restore discs.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
I would say you either need to contact the manufacturer or if you have a COA or CD key, download the OS from a torrent and install it with you license. I mean, you have a license for the OS, just the company that built the computer decided not to include the disk with the system.

startraveler2

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
I managed to install windows from the original cd, but can't fix hardware problems like no driver for the ethernet, audio, usb, etc. Can't find brand of ethernet. Doesn't show in Sisoft Sandra, Hardware profiles, etc. Is there another way to identify hardware?

frozenlead

Distinguished
If windows doesn't already tell you, usually not. Some programs can figure it out...try 3d mark. Other than that, look the model up online somewhere. There's got to be a manual out for it.