Laptop gel

phnguyen89

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
Hi. I am currently trying to fix my laptop. The only thing that I'm missing is the gel to put on my gpu and cpu, and the knowledge of how to do it. Do I guess put a little bit like a drop on each one? The gpu is a forth of an inch in length and width. My laptop is dell m1210. Thank you for your help.

overclockingrocks

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
it's not gel it's actually called thermal paste. just a tiny pea sized drop on each component then spread it into a paper thin layer using a credit card so that it's evenly spread across each chip. then you can reseat your heat pipe and fire it back up

hope that helps

ps artic silver products are great they conduct heat very well due to the silver shavings suspended in the paste. best bang for the buck imo however if you find that's too expensive standard paste will work as well you'll probably get 1-2C cooler with artic silver so it's up to you if the cost is worth it

AS5 or that Shin Itsu stuff.

Here's a good user review of multiple thermal compounds. Props to DSN for a job well done:
edit: nevermind. I can't link it too you because of petty bull crap that I thought we were over and done with. Guess not. Grow up ya bunch of 2 year-olds.