Low cost-High Power Netbooks

geotech

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
With computex 08' in full swing I have started looking for an ultra portable laptop. I"m looking to spend maximum $500, preferably $400 or less. I defiantly want the new Intel Atom processors clocked at 1.6GHz. I'm hoping for 16-32GB of SSD. I'm trying to stay away from a typical Hdd for durability reasons. A gig of ram with Linux is preferred, but I'm sure 512Mb would suffice for purpose I'm trying to fulfill. Nothing more than a 10" screen if entirely possible.

I know those are pretty specific specs and its going to be a close call but I have not found anything with my searches. I know the MSI Wind and eee pc are the most mainstream options as of now. I'm really looking forward to the Dell Mini Insprion launch to see what is in store. Your help s greatly appreciated, thanks guys!

dwellman

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
Then wait for the Mini Inspiron lauch, becuase the MSI and ASUS are it for the ultra small form factor. . oh and the Acer Aspire Mini, which also hasn't launched yet, or I havn't heard or read anything recently. . .

Sharp Actius UltraLite? Probably not-- Not for under $500