Questions about Viewsonic N2750W

RoscoeC

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
Does anyone own one of these TVs? I am a bit confused as to what the specs really are on this model - on their website Viewsonic claims they are 1366 x 768, 8 ms response time but retailers seem to think they are 1280 x 720, 16 ms response time. Maybe there is a newer version available of this product number, or Viewsonic has messed up?

Anyways I am close to buying a 26-27" LCD to use as a TV and monitor. My three top contenders are the Viewsonic ($670), the Sharp LC26DA5U ($880), and the Samsung LTP266W ($900). Any opinions on whether the Sharp/Samsung are worth the extra $200+ are welcome. It is a bit of a difficult decision for me because while I've seen how nice the image quality is on 26" Sharps and Samsungs there aren't any retailers around here that carry Viewsonic TVs.

RoscoeC

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
I emailed Viewsonic and a retailer so hopefully I'll report back soon with some good news about the N2750W's specs.

RoscoeC

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
I called up Viewsonic today and they confirmed that this monitor is 1366 x 768. They had no clue why every retailer on the internet has incorrect specs posted for it.

I don't really care exactly what the resolution is, but the contrast and response time that Viewsonic claims are very good, while the specs posted everywhere else are mediocre. Can anyone comment on how the contrast is on the 23 or 27" Viewsonic TVs compared to Samsungs/Sharps/Sonys/Toshibas?

RoscoeC

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
Thanks for the reply. I had already seen the THG review, but I took it with a grain of salt because Viewsonic claims different specs now.

I won't buy one of these TVs until someone other than Viewsonic confirms that the models selling now are 1366x768, 8ms, 1000:1.

I'm going to email several retailers now and find out their side of the story.

kerriritter

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
hi roscoe,

sorry for being so late. i bought 2 of the viewsonics n2750w in january and use them as primary monitors. they are just incredible. viewsonic has excellent color.

i created a custom resolution for the 1366x768 in windows (clear type fonts) and have the monitor/tv set to 1:1 ratio.

my husband games with his and i use mine for graphics work. we have never plugged in the cable tv part.

fyi, one of them had a tiny vertical line about 4" from the right side of the display. purchased thru newegg and no return. i called viewsonic, and they cross shipped a replacement by air and pre-paid the return of course. i thought that was pretty great service.

enjoy