hp dv6000 3 beeps no boot

vochtige

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
hello since this monday i got a strange problem

i was sitting outside with my notebook (wireless)
and the pc just shutted down in sleepmode. dono why, but from 70 percent to 0 in less than a minute?

so i stick the wire in my notebook for recharging the notebook and want to restart the pc, but i get no screen and 3 or 4 beeps; 1 beep, pause and than 2 beeps fast after eachother

i don't know why?

today i wanted to re-use my notebook, and guess what i think i did have 20 times the beepsound and no start-up
the electric wire wass put into the pc. after a short while i retried it. and yes it worked. he booted. but after 2 hours of typing and surfing i wanted to test if it still ran on the battery. i noticed the % were dropping fast, don't know why. he closed down the notebook to try to reboot on battery. again the beeps. i putted back in the wire, and he booted. but after 4 times booting with wire, i tried back without wire on battery, and guess what. he booted 4 times on battery.

http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Microsoft_Operating_Systems/Windows/XP/Q_22861712.html this guy that similar problem

i don't know much about the beeps, but it's a hardware thing. could it be the graphicscard? the battery?
can somebody please give me some advise, the waranty is done, 4 months to late this **** happens.[strike][/strike]

presb2k

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
vochtige-

i also have a dv6000 and have had the same problem. when you go to boot, and instead you get a blank screen, 4 beeps and flashing power light, it means your laptop isnt recognizing your RAM as compatible. i googled the same problem TONIGHT and found that out. strangely, i took it out, then reinstalled it and the problem went away, but i have done it again since.

i bought RAM from a **** ebayer (smilentango) and this is the 2nd set that has crapped out on me.

MAYBE mine/ours became loose or something but if you have never messed with your RAM before that just doesnt seem very likely.

good luck

powercosmic

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2009

presb2k,

I have he same 'three beeps' problem with my dv6000.

How do you take the RAM out and reinstall it? please provide a link explaining how to do this if possible.

You wrote " i googled the same problem TONIGHT and found that out." - where did you find this information? Thanks!