UK Based Laptop Companies

Frosty11

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
Hi,

I need help! I am currently trying to find a gaming laptop, that contains the latest 8800M GTX card, and a good CPU. I am living in the UK and have found many companies in the US with some great deals through Sager, Dell, Alienware, Killernotebooks, PC Microworks etc etc. The only gaming laptop company that I have found in the UK is Rock and to be honest their prices are quite expensive, and dont offer the same tech specs that the US based companies do. The reason I want a UK based company is because I wanted to save on shipping costs. At the moment I am looking at this system
from sager:

- Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Processor Q6600 / 8MB L2 Cache, 2.40GHz, 1066MHz FSB
- Video & Graphics Card: Single Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTX Graphics with 512MB DDR3 Video Memory
- Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 800MHz - 2 X 2048MB

These are the main specs I want my laptop to contain, but shipping this from sager to the UK will cost an extra $US295. Rock offer close to this but are much more expensive even with the shipping from the US.

If you know of any other recommended euro or UK based gaming laptop companies PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Thanks

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Hm...not sure. For some reason I thought Killer Notebooks had a UK based distributor called Scorpion or something, but I don't know. I know KN itself will ship to Europe for 85 dollars. Unfortunately, if you need repairs, you'd still be an ocean away from support.