Sure got awful quiet in here

GearJammer2513

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2002
Haven't seen any new posts since the 9th! What happened? Did you all read about my brag and got busy on crunching again to try and catch up??

<A HREF="http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_994.html" target="_new">THGC Seti Team Stats</A>

G

Hey, we are busy crunchin numbers man! Cant and don't want to waste valuable cpu time yappin in here. =oÞ

<A HREF="http://www.koalanet.com/australian-slang.html" target="_new">Aussie slang</A>

GearJammer2513

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2002
Ok, I see how y'all are. Fine, be that way. I'll just sit here and yap to myself then!

Anyways, I'm only crunchin with my idle cycles and avg'ing 5.xx CpF! I don't think you'd want me to use all my cycles now, would ya? Big Brother would probably confiscate my 'puter and say they need it to locate bin Laden! :eek:

GearJammer

<A HREF="http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_994.html" target="_new">THGC Seti Team Stats</A>

G

Hi,
I have just installed a XP2100 CPU after the old faithful 1.4GHz Cpu was giving trouble. So it will be interesting to see how it scores :smile:

<A HREF="http://www.koalanet.com/australian-slang.html" target="_new">Aussie slang</A>

GearJammer2513

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2002
Yes, it definately would be interesting to see if it performs better than your previous CPU. I'm sure it will.

BTW, here are my latest stats:

Name (and URL): GearJammer2513
Results Received: 601
Total CPU Time: 2355hr:37min
Average CPU Time per work unit: 3hr:55min:10.2sec
Average results received per day: 4.10
Last result returned: Fri Jun 28 22:53:46 2002 UTC
You belong to the group named: Tom's Hardware Guide
Your rank out of 3,815,268 total users is: 182,853rd place.
The number of users who have this rank: 238
You have completed more work units than 95.201% of our users.

Hmmm...just realized I hit the 95% bracket sometime ago. Cool! Now, if I can just remember to turn off S@H before playing my games. I left it running while playing Jane's Combat Simulation: Longbow. Wound up dropping my CpF's down to 31.xx! I'm glad it didn't affect my overall score when that WU uploaded.

Well, keep me posted. If it out-performs my o/c'd XP1500+, I might consider doing the same.

GearJammer
<i><font color=blue>It takes 10 'Attaboys' to make up for 1 'Awww...crap!'</font color=blue></i>

killian2

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2002
Results Received: 6336
Total CPU Time: 6.657 years
Average CPU Time per work unit: 9hr:12min:13.5sec
Average results received per day: 13.93
Last result returned: Sat Jun 29 03:52:49 2002 UTC

Your rank out of 3,815,268 total users is: 10,650th place.
The number of users who have this rank: 1
You have completed more work units than 99.721% of our users

My average CPU time and average results per day are skewed due to my first few thousand WU being done on PIII's instead of all my new Athlons. Average CPU time is actually 5 hr 31 mins and Average results per day is 37.6.

GearJammer2513

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2002
And how many computers are you using?

GearJammer
<i><font color=blue>It takes 10 'Attaboys' to make up for 1 'Awww...crap!'</font color=blue></i>

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Heh heh... Pretty soon I'll be 6th on the team since it looks like the next two guys above me are out to lunch or something!

I've only got one rig crunching SETI now-a-days and my other 'puters are working on UD.

Yawn... You're right, things are pretty quite in here!

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

GearJammer2513

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2002
Ahhh...let's see...one computer avg'ing 5.5hrs/WU then you are submitting 4.36 WU's a day. I was wondering how you were getting 37.6WU/day. Given how many you have submitted in the past with multiple machines crunchin' the Seti page hasn't figured out that you've switched to just using one computer. That avg will drop as time goes on.

Still, very impressive for the amount of effort you've put into the project. I think I've just had my first taste of a couple of WU's that were chock full of interference because I was able to send in a couple within 2 hours. Now, if I could only get ahold of the rest of those, I'd definately sling-shot my way to the top ten! :cool:

Well, keep on crunchin, but keep an eye on your 6, cuz I'm 'runnin' up on ya!'

GearJammer

silverpig

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, after a SETI-killing hard drive failure, I'm back up and running with an XP 1800+ at 1.61 GHz (still breaking her in) cpu. Chewed through my 5 wu cache in no time, and the server's been acting funny to me, so I had some idle time.

If my baby don't love me, I know, I know, her sister will.

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I've been hit and miss on the SETI server as well. Seems like MOST of the time it's up now-a-days. Now UD seems to be flat on it's kister... been trying to hook up all day and can't! I got one of those new LigandFit work units and the screen looks completely different.

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I may have to get my 2.2 P4 outta moth balls and start her up on SETI... That machine absolutely flys!!!

Now I know you're wondering... why's a rig like that sitting idle? Mainly because I was building a new nForce machine and the P4 lives on the bench in my garage, so it got set aside for awhile.

Hook that up and you'll really see my SETI numbers grow!

Scout
700 Mflops in SETI!