acer aspire 4520 isnt a laptop

nestleomega

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2006
i need help finding driver for my acer aspire 4520 laptop..
This laptop is quite ridiculous since it only provide drivers for
Windows Vista...maybe acer is trying to promote vista but
i am just not into vista yet.

I have found the driver for the graphic but currently
my wireless and lan cant be used...

What is atheros ar5007eg and nvidia nforce netroking anyway?
Any idea?

jadz

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2008
nesle... you are the one who is ridiculous not the aspire 4520 laptop... imagine!? you didn't even know what atheros ar5007eg and nvidia for!?

poor guy... try to explore the gadget first...

im an aspire noobie... just a week ago and i know already all its capacity and capabilities... hahahahaahahha! also what are atheros and nvidia for.

im an acer aspire 4520 user and im enjoying it ryt now..... hahahahahahaha!!!!!

:bounce: acer: :) :) :)

nestleomega: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:

frozenlead

Distinguished
This is a very confusing thread...
You're searching for windows XP drivers for a laptop made in the era of windows vista? How does this mace the acer not a laptop? I don't understand.
Complete sentences may help.

Anyway, it's likely that windows XP drivers for the notebook don't exsist simply because the hardware was made to operate with vista, not XP.

I highly suggest that you get into vista. Switching back to XP provides almost no positives at this point, and is a lot of work.

As for not knowing what components are, google is generally a good place to start.

Atheros is a wireless LAN manufacturing company, nVidia is a graphics processor manufacturer.

G

Acer Aspire 4520 is a laptop and a pretty good one too. I also agree with the rest of the world. Vista is upgrade. If your gonna use a PC or Mac, you will have to keep up with the program or go back to the cornfield. So many people talk bad about new operating systems when they become available and complain that they can't find drivers for there old operating systems, just like this idiot here. Did it ever occur to you that the reason that you can't find drivers for Windows Xp anymore would be due to the fact that everything else is being designed for Vista, because Xp is old technology and your Computer is new technology. Sounds to me like you need a teacher more than you need a computer.

G

i have the driver for both window xp and vista
i dont mind to share it with u
juz hit me back

harishr1419

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
hi,
the atheros 5007eg is the wireless lan driver. As i run windows 7 i downloaded the drivers from acer.support website. You can download the driver with vista x64 os and the driver will work. Same for the nvidia 7000m graphic card.
Thank You

chinguun

Honorable
May 31, 2012