Sony DSC-F828

TokranePo

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2003
I have a great deal of curiosity about this, the newest release from Sony. There was a vague reference to it in the Canon EOS 300D article, but [obviously] not including the kind of information I am interested in.

I am looking to get a new camera, as the slow access times of my old Sony DSC-F707 have been wearing thin of late. I also had the pleasure of using a Fuji S2 recently, which proved quite impressive. I have no current collection of glass and no real intention of acquiring one anytime soon, although I do a great deal of "professional" photography [as in, paid weddings, graduations, events, etc.] in addition to shooting for video projects.

I have a vested interest in sticking with the Sony brand name, due to the fact that all of my current flash ROM is in the form of Sony memory sticks, and the M series batteries have proven compatable with their consumer electronics pretty much across the board. For the sake of cutting costs I would like to stick with Sony if possible, but I have a few important questions about the F828.

1. How quickly does it capture the image? What is the delay between pressing the button and creating the image? The F707 has a noticeable delay, and that is what I want to get away from.
2. How many pictures can I take in rapid succession before the camera starts lagging and slowing down?
3. Does the camera use the same M series batteries as the F707 and F717?
4. Has the camera improved on the manual settings access? On the F707, there is a single wheel for the three settings aside from zoom and focus... does this work the same way on the new camera or is there quicker access?

I hope that someone out there has an F828 or has experience with it so that they can answer my questions. Sony, as usual is less than helpful when it comes to complicated questions like those above and their website is less than revealing. Thanks a bundle.

The more you know, the more you know that you know less than you thought you knew when you knew less than you now know

Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
I'd personally look into the new Canon digital Rebel. For roughly the same price (1 grand), the Canon digital rebel is a nicer camera.

TokranePo

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2003
I have a vested interest in sticking with the Sony brand name, due to the fact that all of my current flash ROM is in the form of Sony memory sticks, and the M series batteries have proven compatable with their consumer electronics pretty much across the board. For the sake of cutting costs I would like to stick with Sony if possible, but I have a few important questions about the F828.

Plus, I just like the Sony name better. It goes with my decor. Oh and those Carl Zeiss lenses kick butt. Excellent glass even if it is fixed.

The more you know, the more you know that you know less than you thought you knew when you knew less than you now know

Howard

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
The F828 hasn't came out yet, so actually specs may vary. The best bet for specs is sony's website. www.sonystyle.com However, take a good look at some of the compeititors. As I mentioned before, the Digital Rebel seems to be better in terms of money. Memory card doesn't cost as much as it used to. The Minolta A1 also seems very nice. But never the less, the Sony F828 is one of the best cameras out there for the consumer market.

TRENDING THREADS