Temperature on T2500 core duo 2.0ghz

Hino

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2007
I got a A100-sk9 laptop recently, and just want to know what's the max temperature that cpu can takes before actually doing some damage to it, I have try running TAT on %100 workload level, getting around 75c max, not sure if that's a safe number or not =X.

That temp isn't too bad for a laptop. Most people start to cringe when numbers exceed 85 or so. If you are worried, either clean out the exhaust ports with compressed air or buy a notebook cooling pad. The pad will lower temps by about 5 on average. Dust is the biggest enemy of any laptop.

Hino

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2007
Well this is my first laptop, been using desktop since ever, so I'm not really sure what's a normal temp for laptop, been searching all over the net for some info on temp, but couldn't find much expect desktop pc temp, which if I compare it with, I'll be like =O with the different I see XD. Don't think dust are the issue right now, since I got this like 1 week ago, and about the cooling pad, could you recommend me some good cooling pad?

Thank you ^^

Hino

tekzor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
That temp isn't too bad for a laptop. Most people start to cringe when numbers exceed 85 or so. If you are worried, either clean out the exhaust ports with compressed air or buy a notebook cooling pad. The pad will lower temps by about 5 on average. Dust is the biggest enemy of any laptop.

Thats a horrible temp for a laptop.

50-55C should be max heat. Anything over that is dangerously hot for your cpu and ur groind ;).

low usage of cpu should give you 40-45C