Dell's Soundblaster audigy choice

swampmoose

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
I recently purchased an inspiron e1705 notebook, and in the configuration page for the sound options, I went ahead and paid the extra $23 for the "Integrated Sound Blaster® Audigy™ HD Software Edition" vs. the "Integrated Audio," and I cannot help but feel like I would have been much better off with those 23 dollars. So what is the difference really???

DellCA

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2006
Basically, the SoundBlaster software edition is the software package that comes with the Creative Audigy card modified by Creative to work with the onboard sound controller on Dells notebooks. This software upgrade allows you to have similar quality of audio without having to purchase an additional PCMCIA or Express Card by using many of the same features that are used with the SoundBlaster cards, like Surround Mixer and EAX Console. As it is not a physical audio card, and is using system resources to provide the effects of SoundBlaster hardware, performance will not be the same as a dedicated card.

I hope that answers your question. If not just PM me and I will try to elaborate.

devendra

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
exactly !! i had some basic logitech speakers and when i tried the equalizer it became worst, but with altec lansing mx5021 i feel creative HD s/w solution works terrific, i am more than happy that i spent 25$ on it.

TRENDING THREADS