What does the future hold? Help me out here.

strobe

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
Ok, I've been researching laptops for a while now and am waiting for the right time to buy my beastie. I'm an FX artist, so I need as much performance for the price as possible. I've heard rumours that intel will be dropping its prices in october, so I'm going to wait for holiday price wars that will follow, so here's my specific question:

When will I be able to get the following configuration for less than $2000 if ever?
- Core 2 duo T7200
- 2 GB low latency ram (must be expandible to 4GB)
- 15.4" high quality display (17" ok too, but would rather a smaller machine)
- 60GB or more 7200rpm
- dedicated graphics (again, i'm an fx guy, so a quadro card would be best for me)
- DVD burner
- wireless internet
- anything additional is gravy. Anything that I should have and I missed?

I don't want to compromise on the hardware, so I'm willing to wait until this config or it's equivalent is in my price range. You think this will be around by say November?

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
I've heard rumours that intel will be dropping its prices in october
That's BS, Intel released their C2D and no one can get it. i have other system builders trying to buy C2D's from me. They aren't even really avaialble until Oct. and they are beating AMd's butt. Intel knows to "make hay when the sun shines."

You can get that configuration you want right now and then some:
Wakizachi C2D.

strobe

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2006
Wow, I can't wait to get my hands on one of these! It has to wait a little while so I can save some $$$, but you've definately sold me on the wakizachi.