KN - Core 2 Duo laptops anytime soon?

MegaMe

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Hey,
First, thanks for answering all my questions previouly in this forum. So I've looked at the new AMD dual cores and read all the reviews of Intel's new Core 2 Duo and as much as it PAINS the hell out of me, looks like Core 2 Duo is the right choice.

I'm looking for the mid-range chip, the T7200. Gig ram, X1600, all that good stuff? Do you have a time frame on when you might be offering Core 2 Duo laptops, and around what price it would be with that chip?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Or, if Core 2 Duo won't be available for a while, will the price of current Core Duo laptops drop, and with the motherboard be compatible for upgrade to Core 2 Duo later on?

MegaMe

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
lol...i know they are "coming out" today, but ive read in a lot of places that you wont start seeing the laptops with them available for another month or so, trying to get a time frame before i buy :)

AkitoBob

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
I gotta say, I want to know as well cause I'm buying a Merom based laptop ASAP and KN is up there at the top of my list.

Carl_Ramrod

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2006
I, too, am very interested in a merom-based notebook from Killernotebooks. I suppose, like the song says, the waiting *is* the hardest part.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
As far as I know the T7400 is not released in the USA, right now I can get them, it is the only type I can get at this time, and I don't know if the Executioner would recognize the CPU even if I could get them.

I think the system will have a BIOS upgrade in the future for that and even higher frequencies.